Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Chp 6. X'mas eve

Ah Christmas… wonderful Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The day that makes me really proud of the fact that I’m a Christian. Also, the day I feel sad I’m the only Christian in my close circle of friends here in IIMB. Coz there is nobody else to split the bill with when I am treating them!

Took out my frens to this wonderful restaurant at Church street called “The Only Place”. Had an amazing time there. Ordered the special Turkey Steak. Yumm yummy… Everybody ordered a steak related item, except ofcourse for dear Ankita who is the sole vegetarian in our group. I can never get enough of taking her trip about being a veggie. Man, I seriously dunno what veggies eat on special occasion… Roots and leaves cooked in special schezwan sauce topped with la crème de lait? LOL… anyway, the others had a great time gobbling down those scrumptious red meat…

And then my frens surprised me with this lovely Christmas present… an expensive scotch whisky! This is the perfect gift a guy like me can ask for. I can already hear 100 pipers playing in the distance… :-)

After our grand dinner together, we went to Brigade road. Man, it was sooo beautiful. The lightings, the Christmas spirit, the party animals, the cocktail of people who roam up and down the well renowned street, even though it was chilly and 2 in the morning. Took a couple of snaps there. It was such a wonderful feeling u know… Christmas time, and here I am with my wonderful frens basking in its warmth. Everyone dressed up so nicely… Amra and Monu looking cute together as usual, Ankita with her red top that she changed for the umpteenth time just before leaving, Tommy trying to enjoy the moment as much as he can without thinking about how much time he’s wasting by not studying! Amol and I wearing the red Santa’s cap, and Momo looking really great with her faded denim skirt that I’ve never seen her wear before.

Initially, yes I was regretting the fact that I’ve turned down an invitation to party at the Catholic Club. But after spending time with my frens tonight, well, this was way better than partying anywhere. Frens give you something that partying at discs cannot. You may find joy at discs, you may find passion. But with frens, you have warmth, which no discs can give you. Period.

I am on my 4th glass of my Christmas present here. I better get some sleep now coz tomoro ( I mean today) is gonna be one hectic day!!! I decided to spend Christmas with the mizo community… and I don’t know anyone! Jeez, this is going to be fun….

Church at 11:30am…

Gnite…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow kima... i had no idea the evening meant so much to you. Really glad that it did. I thought you were probably regretting notgoing to Catholic Club and all.I had a lot of fun tht nite, what with the guy in 'The only Place' being so sexy and all :)
so you finished your gift?

Anonymous said...

whoops!! forgot to sign :)
amra

Mizohican said...

Yup, Christmas eve is a very special time for me, and spending that time with you guys meant a lot to me...

It will be something i'll remember for a long long time...