Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Chp 34. Izawl.com

The time to bid adieu to my seniors is nigh. Will post a special message specially dedicated to them shortly.

5 more days to go and one year is over for us too. Recently what have I been up to?

I came across this amazing mizo interactive website.
Izawl.com. It has been active for many years now, but I never knew about it At first I was a bit hesitant on posting any messages there. But slowly I gathered enough courage. The thing is, my mizo sucks big time. Ofcourse I can read and write mizo perfectly, but since I haven’t spoken in mizo in such a long time, well there’s a slight problem when I try to read a mizo sentence that has typos! I mean, when someone makes a spelling mistake while typing in English, you can easily make out what the person actually meant to type. But in mizo, gawd, I’m completely lost if I come across a typo! Coz one word has like zillions of meanings, it all depends on the pitch n pronunciation.

Anyway, I didn’t give my actual details there. I used the nick name “Sandman”. That way, if I make any grammatical errors while typing in mizo, nobody will know who I really am I told only two people, “Jupiter” and “Gisele”, that I’m from IIMB. Those two have become my regular chatting buddies at that website.

I have the advantage of being online the whole day (and usually whole nite too) at that website, as most people come online from a Cyber Café or from their work-place. Me, I have the luxury of browsing right from my bed anytime of the day

I have decided to go to Church today. Easter Sunday. The only time I ever went to a mizo function here in Bangalore was on X’mas, and that too bcoz Hminga was here. After he left, I became an even more deserted island when it comes to a mizo thingie. Not that it bothered me much, as all my life I’ve always hanged out with a non-mizo crowd. But yeah, sometimes, now n then, I do feel a deep shallow emptiness inside of me, not having any mizo frens or not knowing much about my culture. That’s why I have decided to go to Church today. I will meet many of the izawl.com regulars there: jupiter, mos_def, sick sad world, Gisele, ne0n, XXX, ammi, nunoi etc etc. They couldn’t believe it when I told them I’ve been in Bangalore for almost a year now, and none of them has heard about me (It’s a community thing. Everyone knows everyone types.)

Anyway, lets see how things work out


3 comments:

Pallavi said...

yeah its a community thingy... i feel the same when I meet anyone from Shillong.. Automatically I develop a soft corner for that individual...

sometimes it hits me that I am so far away from the land that I love...

:( SIGH

Citrus said...

cannot post a comment for the next post

Citrus said...

my ph doesn't work anymore, but i will call you
:)