Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chp 508. Happy birthday, dear DP…


To the one who had shown me happiness and comfort the past couple of months, to the one who had made me laugh over and over again to the silliest of all things, to the one who understood me and gave me companionship right when my path was dark and dreary… happy birthday my love :)

Still feels like yesterday when we first met…


Even though we were both completely aware of our “awkwardly difficult” connection and never had any intentions of becoming a couple, we still clicked somehow and enjoyed each other’s company, hanging out just as friends…


…and hanging out with MY friends, like the time we went to see the live performance of indie bands like Laxmi Bomb, Fuzzy Logic, ViceVersa and Bone Broke at Blue Frog, where you knocked over a glass of water and everybody laughed…


And the time I get to meet your side of the family and everything went well… (except when you “titau” and all of us ended up not eating dinner…)


Then came Christmas… for a long time then, I was planning to play Mud’s “lonely this Christmas”, when you came into my life and convinced me that was not going to be the case… how we spent Christmas together, from the Mizo Church service to our favorite hangout at Gokuls…


…to my friend’s pre-Christmas party…


It was a complete joy ride. Even when Christmas finally arrived…



…it was definitely not snowing with sadness, all because of you. And then I got to meet more of your relatives, whom I completely adore…



Perhaps one of the most magical moments was when you insisted on watching the last sunset of 2013 together. Me being a clueless romantic, who kept work at a higher priority than everything else, actually left office early on the last day of 2013 so I could make you happy by seeing the sunset together...



Of course all my friends and colleagues teased me, but you know what? I really enjoyed that. You brought out the teen in me again and rejuvenated me. Thank you for that. And from then, it suddenly didn’t matter being silly or immature, as long as I was being silly with you… like the time we did that Navy officer cosplay at our friend’s Naval base…


…or the times I would almost die laughing every time I see you trying to eat that “beef steak with cheese and egg” burger from my favorite restaurant Gondola…


Whether it was work or fun or something to do with charity, you were always there by my side, like the time we went to that charity auction event and I ended up bidding some dresses for you which actually didn’t fit you but we all shrugged it off and reminded ourselves that it was for charity :)





Watching Mizoram win the Santosh Trophy with you was definitely a highlight. From “nihawichi” to “chhangban”, we made our own little Mizoram here in Mumbai and had a blast together…



And not to forget that Sunday night after Mizo church service when I finally fulfilled your constant (and sometimes a tad annoying) wish to walk at Marine Drive, and then when you got there, it wasn’t actually as much fun as you thought it would be (even though I warned you a million times), hahaha… but yes, we had so much fun that night…



Then there was that unforgettable night when we took a romantic walk together at Bandstand and some assholes called us “chinky ching chong” from their car. While I went to reprimand them, you went all kamikaze and took down their car’s license plate number (MH 02 AK 4465) completely built up… I’ll never forget how cute you looked then… :)

And what about the many times I could end an argument by buying you your favorite caramel flavored popcorn? :D

 

The saddest part was having to bid farewell to you when you were leaving Mumbai. That farewell party I threw for you at my house will be something I’ll never forget. The amount of fun we all had, while and at the same time feeling sad because you were going to leave Mumbai…









Even though we had great fun when I came back to Mizoram, I still wish you were here in Mumbai, so I could be happy and alive again…


Happy birthday my sweet love. Miss you lots…


6 comments:

Mimihrahsel said...

happy birthday :)

minraws said...

omo! this is such a lovely story of the two of u. sigh! God bless u guys :)

Mizohican said...

@ Mimi: Thank you, lolz :P

@ minraws: Thanx :)

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Bialnu lam blog leh ta

Whatsapp Image said...

Helllo friends if you want best stuff for your whatsapp so you can visit in our site from there you will get latest stuff of pics Whatsapp Happy birthday Status & Pics

koolio said...

Happy Birthday DP! Sweet post Kima!