Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Chp 680. 80 Perfect Games!


Recently, a couple of my close friends from Mizoram asked me if I've been partying too much or living on the edge these days. It's because of my recent blog updates where I documented some of the places I've been to the past 6+ months.

The truth is, no, I am not. Yes, I did finally manage to find time and explore different places I've never been to in and around Pune, but at the end of the day, I am still the same person I have always been – an introvert geek/nerd.

I still spend a majority of my free time playing games on my own or watching TV shows by myself. And just yesterday, I hit another milestone in my gaming life - I reached 80 Perfect Games!


For related blog post, do read:

A "Perfect Game" status is when you unlock every single achievement of that game at Steam. Some are easy, some are hard, but overall you need to spend a lot of time trying to get those achievements. So here is a list of 30 new games where I got a Perfect Game in case you are interested.


51. INSIDE

Total achievements unlocked: 14/14
Total time played: 14 hours
Game link: INSIDE
Cost of game: INR 565

What a game! From the makers of LIMBO, this game is a must buy. Beautiful gameplay and art style. And of course, it has a high replayability factor if you've completed the game but trying to get 100% achievement. That's why I played this game for more than 10 hours. An overwhelmingly positive review on Steam, and very deservingly so.



52. Hidden Folks

Total achievements unlocked: 5/5
Total time played: 8 hours
Game link: Hidden Folks
Cost of game: INR 299

Love this game so much! Very minimalistic and simple. It's a Hidden Object Game and you have to find certain people in the scene. The art style is very unique, and the sound effect is adorable. The text (description) can be quite hilarious as well. Just take your time with this game, don't rush it. Relax and slowly interact with every person or object on the screen. Trust me, it's worth it.



53. A Date In The Park - Collector's Edition

Total achievements unlocked: 9/9
Total time played: 2 hours
Cost of game: FREE

One of those few free games that I really enjoyed playing. Very shoddy and cheap graphics, but the storyline is quite interesting! I'm not going to give away spoilers, so I'll stop at this. Play this game and find out for yourself, you won't regret it. And hey, it's free.



54. Pixel Puzzles: Japan

Total achievements unlocked: 26/26
Total time played: 10 hours
Cost of game: INR 319

A very relaxing jigsaw puzzle game, except there was one bug where if you try to select a piece and there was another piece floating beneath it, you will grab that one instead if it's position on the board is before the piece you were trying to grab. I stopped playing because of this irritating bug, until I read a post where somebody used this bug to their advantage and easily got 100% achievement.

What you must do is place all the jigsaw pieces on top of each other on the board. It will take some time, but once you're done, just click on your jigsaw stack, and due to the aforementioned bug, it will select the first piece on the board (top left corner) and the next click will be the next piece and so on. You can easily complete the board this way, lolz. Play the smaller and medium puzzles the normal way, but for the larger boards, I recommend you resort to this "hack".



55. The Cat Games

Total achievements unlocked: 16/16
Total time played: 1.5 hours
Game link: The Cat Games
Cost of game: INR 119

A game for all cat lovers. There are three mini-games within this game - Indoor racing, Swim challenge and Cat breed billiards. My favorite was the swim challenge. I found indoor racing to be a bit lame, and I didn't quite understand cat breed billiards because the game controls were a bit weird. But this game is worth buying. Trying to catch the spider that crawled across the home screen was quite challenging :)




56. Slash It

Total achievements unlocked: 303/303
Total time played: 5 hours
Game link: Slash It
Cost of game: INR 58


57. Slash It 2

Total achievements unlocked: 302/302
Total time played: 5 hours
Game link: Slash It 2
Cost of game: INR 58

Two great games from Just1337 Studio. 1337 is leetspeak for all you non geeks out there :) Slash It 1 & 2 tests your keyboard prowess and ability to quickly type alphabets and numbers as they appeared on the screen. Lots of achievements, but unlike Zup! games, you actually have to work long to get all achievements. Very nice soundtrack as well, if you're into trance/house.



58. Cube Runner

Total achievements unlocked: 41/41
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: Cube Runner
Cost of game: INR 119

Again from Just1337 Studio, the same  developers who made Slash it 1 and 2 (they also used the same freaking soundtracks :P ) This is an interesting 3D platformer, kinda like Geometry dash, but less rage-inducing and more explorative. A few bugs here and there, but not game-killing ones. A game I recommend you get.



59. Gravity Error

Total achievements unlocked: 9/9
Total time played: 3 hours
Game link: Gravity Error
Cost of game: INR 259

Really love this game! Too bad it's too short. The concept is very unique too. It is a minimalistic 2D platformer where you can control gravity by placing the "gravity direction" where you desire in order to reach your target. If this game had more content, I would recommend you buy this game at its full price, but because it is really short, I recommend you wait for it to go on sale. And oh there is an achievement bug too, which as of the time of writing this post, the developers haven't fixed yet (though there is a workaround to it).



60. Gravity Cat

Total achievements unlocked: 7/7
Total time played: 8 hours
Game link: Gravity Cat
Cost of game: INR 169

Four hours of rage-inducing rage-quitting experience and I finally got 100% achievement. Similar to the game above, but I hate this one so much! Don't get me wrong, the game is cute and beautiful, the concept is extremely interesting. You play as a cat who can change gravity while avoiding obstacles. The only problem is, the "change gravity" key (spacebar) doesn't work most of the time. Most of my deaths were due to this. And others have raised this issue in the discussion board as well but so far the developers don't seem to be responding. And so, with this faulty gameplay, I replayed the levels over and over again, died a thousand times, until I finally got 100%. The number of times I must have banged by keyboard! Poor keyboard, I need to buy a new one because of this game! Get this game only if you're using a game-pad or controller. You'll pull your hair out if you're using a keyboard.



61. Zup! 4

Total achievements unlocked: 555/555
Total time played: 36 minutes
Game link: Zup! 4
Cost of game: INR 58


62. Zup! Zero

Total achievements unlocked: 1043/1043
Total time played: 55 minutes
Game link: Zup! Zero
Cost of game: INR 58


63. Zup! 5

Total achievements unlocked: 2130/2130
Total time played: 1 hour
Game link: Zup! 5
Cost of game: INR 58


64. Zup! 6

Total achievements unlocked: 2448/2448
Total time played: 1 hour
Game link: Zup! 6
Cost of game: INR 58

I'm not even going to write a review on the Zup! series of game anymore. Good for you if you are an achievement hunter, but the gameplay is short, I completed them all in around an hour each. And most of them are the same, other than a few new gameplay elements like portals etc. Get it only for the achievements.



65. .atorb

Total achievements unlocked: 10/10
Total time played: 7 hours
Game link: Taken off Steam
Cost of game: Taken off Steam

The developer of this game had been banned, so his games (including bollo which I covered in this post) are no longer available on Steam. But you can still get the steam achievements and card drops (though you cannot sell or buy trading cards anymore). He had been banned on suspicion of using multiple fake accounts to give his games positive ratings. Well, whatever be his reason for doing that, I'm not going to judge him. But regarding this game, I really love it. You must correctly hit a specific ball to its target which is revolving in orbit at the center. There are three levels of difficulty – easy, medium and hard with 127 levels each. If you are not interested in achievements, I recommend you skip easy and medium, they are boring AF. But "hard" is really challenging and interesting. I also recommend you play this game in full screen because you will not be able to distinguish some of the different colors properly on minimized windowed mode.

Oops, silly me, giving you my recommendations when this game is no longer available on Steam *face palm*. Well, anyway if you happen to get this game somehow from other sources, my recommendations still stand.



66. Freebie

Total achievements unlocked: 5/5
Total time played: 4 hours
Game link: Freebie
Cost of game: INR 58

In this simple game, you must release a ball from inside a square towards the center where there is a rotating stick, and the rebound from the stick should or should not land on certain sides of the square. Once you crossed 20 points, it was almost impossible to progress because the stick moved so fast that it was more about luck rather than timing skill. When this game first launched (Aug 2016), there was no power-up, so I was stuck on 30 points for a very long time. And then in Dec 2016, the dev made an update and introduced power-up (+1 life or +1 point) which appeared occasionally, so I managed to reach 40 points. Recently (Mar 2017) there was another update where the power-ups appeared at every turn. I easily crossed 100 points. I'm happy to 100% this game because of this, but sometimes I miss the good old days of no power-up, it was much more challenging then. Now it is so easy that I cannot recommend this game to anyone.



67. Jelly Killer

Total achievements unlocked: 16/16
Total time played: 7 hours
Game link: Jelly Killer
Cost of game: INR 169

I was stuck on the last achievement for a very long time – "Killing Spree" (To destroy a body 32 times being close to the exit). I must have done this at least a 100 times, I think this achievement has a bug. Other than that, I absolutely love this 2D retro platformer, the controls are very smooth and the ability to possess people's body is really cool. One of my highly recommended games.



68. Oik

Total achievements unlocked: 201/201
Total time played: 33 minutes
Game link: Oik
Cost of game: INR 58


69. Oik 2

Total achievements unlocked: 365/365
Total time played: 53 minutes
Game link: Oik 2
Cost of game: INR 58

Oik 1 and 2, like the Zup! series of games, are simple physics based games. The main difference between Oik and Zup games is, in Zup you have an exploding object you use to bring the green square to the platform. In Oik, it is just making a couple of squares disappear in order to bring the green square to the platform.



70. WayOut 2: Hex

Total achievements unlocked: 40/40
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: WayOut 2: Hex
Cost of game: INR 54

Confession - this puzzle game is way more difficult than WayOut 1, and so I had to resort to the game guides / walkthroughs in order to complete this game and get 100% achievements. Overall, it is a good puzzle game nonetheless, but very difficult. This is for those of you who prefer tougher puzzle games. Or chess.



71. VOI

Total achievements unlocked: 6/6
Total time played: 4 hours
Game link: VOI
Cost of game: INR 58

One of my favorite minimalistic puzzle games recently, developed by gamebra.in. Try it out, you'll love the simplistic feel to the whole game. You have to make required shapes by layering different pieces provided.



72. Polyogy

Total achievements unlocked: 9/9
Total time played: 6 hours
Game link: Polyogy
Cost of game: INR 259

Very cute puzzle game with a lot of different variations in skill level challenge. Cute as well. Some of the levels were really challenging and was stuck for a long time. Yes definitely buy this game, or wait for it to come on sale.



73. aMaze

Total achievements unlocked: 14/14
Total time played: 50 minutes
Game link: aMaze
Cost of game: INR 58

Urrrrmmmm…. Lame game. It’s a simple maze game, with no time challenge or unique features. Like those you find in newspaper clippings or old Archie comics. Don't buy this game.



74. qop

Total achievements unlocked: 252/252
Total time played: 75 minutes
Game link: qop
Cost of game: INR 58

From the makers of Zup! series and Gravity Cat, this is an ok-ok game, you can get it if you want, there were levels that were quite challenging too. You must get the cube back to its home, making use of the platforms generated.



75. Rage Parking Simulator 2016

Total achievements unlocked: 466/466
Total time played: 3 hours
Cost of game: INR 65

Don't get this game, it is quite boring. I got 100% achievement a long time ago, and then the developers introduced new sets of achievements - "crash your car one more time", and increased the achievements from 11 to 466. So I just had to continuously crash my car 400+ times to get these achievements, God I am so ashamed of myself! I repeat, do not buy this stupid game.



76. klocki

Total achievements unlocked: 1/1
Total time played: 4 hours
Game link: klocki
Cost of game: INR 42

A very relaxing puzzle game. Makes you think a bit but doesn't take too much stress on your mind. You get one achievement for completing the game. The only flaw to this game is that you don't know how much you've progressed, so you just keep playing blindly until you complete all the puzzles.



77. Tennis in the Face

Total achievements unlocked: 12/12
Total time played: 6 hours
Game link: Tennis in the Face
Cost of game: INR 259

Fun game to play. You don't even have to complete all missions to get 100% achievements. I love and hate such type of games that does that - Love it because we don't have to play everything, hate it because we don't have to play everything. Also, the physics based mechanic may not throw the same output every time, so you may have to retry a particular level many times. Good time pass game, get it.



78. Spin Rush

Total achievements unlocked: 15/15
Total time played: 3 hours
Game link: Spin Rush
Cost of game: INR 58

One of those mobile ported "quick reaction" games. Initially I thought I will never get 100% achievement because it was super hard. And then one day, by chance, I happened to play it in window-mode (not full screen) and it was surprisingly much easier to play it that way! After around 3 hours of toil and rage quits, I finally achieved 100% (also, I got lucky at a couple of instances). A good game, I recommend you buy it.



79. The Magical Silence

Total achievements unlocked: 1/1
Total time played: 1 hour
Cost of game: INR 58

Weird game. This was the first (and only) game I had refunded till now. I refunded it because there was a major game-stopping bug within the first 5 minutes. But later, this game came on sale again and I read in the announcement that that bug had been resolved. For its cost, it's worth it I guess. And like I said, this is a super weird game. Some of you may like it.



80. Make it indie!

Total achievements unlocked: 9/9
Total time played: 1 hour
Game link: Make it indie!
Cost of game: INR 58

Stupid game. I won't even call it a game. Just don't get this piece of crap.



And with that, my 80 Perfect Games is complete. Do read the other Perfect Game related blog posts. I'll see you all again at 100 Perfect Games. Cheers everyone.



5 comments:

JRK Research said...

Just read your website. Good one. I liked it. Keep going. you are a best writer your site is very useful and informative thanks for sharing!
Eczema Treatment

Unknown said...

This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic.
python training in chennai

Unknown said...

I think this is an great blogs. Such a very informative and creative contents. These concept is good for these knowledge.I like it and help me to development very well.Thank you for this brief explanations.

Selenium Training in Chennai

PREETHA said...

Its my first comment on your blog and i am glad to comment on your post i loved what u share thanks for sharing its very useful info. for my website


SEO Company in chennai

Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

Sumathi said...

You are having fantastic game collection and it is very helpful for recreation. Many games were not much interesting and enjoyable,but this is really amazing. According to the survey , gaming improves our concentration and creativity level and also helps us to think in a logical manner. Some games are not to be played just for thinking because they are funny and make us relieve from boredom.
Pigmentation Cream