Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Chp 693. Game Bundle of Joy


Christmas and New Year season, where different stores are running various discounts and offers everywhere. That shopping frenzied moment every woman is looking forward to.

All my female friends and cousins are talking about the amount of bargain they managed to get at Sephora, H&M, Maybelline, Everlane etc and even compared all the different products they had bought and shrieked in unison. *sigh* women :P

And I'm always met by the usual, "Oh you men don't know how to bargain or get a good offer. You don't understand the value of discounts or End-Of-Season sales."

Well, for once, I would like to prove all my female friends and relatives wrong! (OMG Kima, what the hell are you doing!? You want to… die?)

So in my previous post "Comic Bundle of Joy" I talked about how I got a good deal on Archie comics through HumbleBundle. Well, in this post I would like to tell you about the deals I got during this year 2017 on games at HumbleBundle.

Be prepared to be amazed :P

Below are the seven game bundles I have purchased this year, each costing $1. I have also mentioned their actual costs if the games are purchased individually. Enjoy…



12th April 2017
Humble Interactive Bundle - $1



TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 2192



31st May 2017
Humble GameOn Bundle - $1


Worms Clan Wars - ₹ 619
80 Days - ₹ 369
Her Story - ₹ 299

TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 1287



25th July 2017
Humble Capcom Rising Bundle - $1


STRIDER™ - ₹ 899
DmC: Devil May Cry - ₹ 1799

TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 3697



25th July 2017
Humble Telltale Bundle - $1


Puzzle Agent - ₹ 259
Puzzle Agent 2 - ₹ 369

TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 2861



26th September 2017
Humble Capcom X SEGA X ATLUS Bundle - $1


Zeno Clash 2 - ₹ 459
Bionic Commando - ₹ 599

TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 2235



24th October 2017
Humble Endless RPG Lands Bundle - $1


Wurm Unlimited - ₹ 1859

TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 4287



10th November 2017
Humble Jumbo Bundle 10 - $1



TOTAL COST OF GAMES: ₹ 2093





Now let us calculate the overall discount shall we? :P

GRAND TOTAL COST OF GAMES I BOUGHT FROM HB THIS YEAR: ₹ 18,652/-

ACTUALLY SPENT: 7 times $1 = ₹ 448

That's a whopping 97% DISCOUNT and savings of ₹ 18,204/- yooooo!

And I'm not even calculating the free games I received for being a loyal customer. If I take those into consideration as well, let's see, the games I have received for free this year are:

Tropico 4 - ₹ 479

That brings up the total cost of games I got from HumbleBundle this year at ₹ 22,619/- giving me a 98% discount with savings of ₹ 22,171/-

See, can any of your discounts at ZARA or Hush Puppies or any other place else beat that? It's not that we men cannot bargain, we just decide to go for discounts on stuff that really matters to us. Like games :P

So unless you managed to buy something you really love at a 98% discount, the next time, think twice before approaching the Master of discounted buyer :D :P :P

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone. Cheers!





No comments: