Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Chp 706. Family Picnic


It's that time of the year again, that dreaded end of the Financial Year time, where we're busy slogging our asses to meet not just our Quarterly numbers but our Annual target as well, not to forget all the work stress, the paper work, the last-minute investment declaration proofs, all the bills bills bills and more bills submission for our Form 12BB, the salary cut, filing ITR…

Aaarrrrghh… sometimes I just wanna lay down on a pristine cold blue water and forget everything around me exists… no work, no tax, no troubles… and just float away to a blissful utopia…


That was me, two months ago, at DG Park, a famous picnic spot in Mizoram.

I had never felt so much calmness and tranquility in a long time. Me, just floating there, everything around me quiet and peaceful, as I let the gentle ripple of water take control of my body.

Our family picnic at DG Park, Falkland, was a memorable one. It was one of those "pot-luck" picnics, where we all had to bring some food/dishes to the location. We made Pork and Chicken sausages, along with Chole salad.



My eldest sister and her family made boiled egg curry and sent this to our WhatsApp group.


On the day of the picnic, we coordinated and left together. My brother-in-law drove the EcoSport as I was more comfortable driving the smaller Wagon R. The rest of the people followed us in their respective vehicles.

We soon reached the place. It was beautiful. And very private.



One of the main reasons why we booked the place was because I had never been there even once. All my friends and family had been to DG Park, even multi times, except me. I was probably the only person from Mizoram who had never been to DG Park :P




We set up the food and drinks counter immediately…


Took a selfie of U-baby taking a selfie.  Selfieception.


More random pics here and there…






Someday, I too will start a congregation of my own, and my followers will be much more than those of Pu Ziona. :P


Soon, it was swimming time…


Me just floating awayyyy… My nephew staring at me from a distance, jealous of me because he's too skinny to float :D


Kiddies pool section :)



Though the water was cold, the bright sun above gave us enough heat to enjoy the water…


Lovely view from the place…


Apart from the food that we all brought, I decided to order from Devo's Pizza since my friend Mimi was one of the people running the place. I did promise her that I would certainly order from Devo's once I was back home, and that day seemed like the perfect time to try out her pizzas.


Urrmmm… my verdict? I usually give good reviews on my blog about what my friends are doing, whether they have their own boutique shops or restaurants or art galleries etc., because they deserve such positive reviews. But in this case, I am not going to mince my words. Mimi may be my dear 'ol childhood friend but I'm sorry to say Devo's pizzas weren't that great.


There's still a lot of grounds for improvement… First of all, the pizzas were wrapped in an air-tight plastic cover, leaving no space for the freshly baked dough and toppings to breathe. Hence it was completely soggy by the time they were delivered. And the toppings were bland while the inner crustings were quite raw and unbaked, making them hard to chew and swallow. Mims, if you're reading this, I love you as a friend, but when it comes to food reviews, I am brutally honest.

Of course, I'm not gonna judge their entire pizzas because of that one day. Maybe they were having an off day, or one of their machines wasn't functioning right, or their main baker had gone to his native place for the vacation, I dunno. Also remember, they had delivered the pizzas all the way from Ramhlun to Falkland, so maybe the long distance played a factor as well. I will definitely give their pizzas another try once I am back home again.

Coming back to the picnic, once we were done with the food, we continued our merry-making… The kids especially had a great time.




The sun was slowly starting to set over the horizon…



A few of our friends we invited turned up too… It was nice to see Caroline again after so many years since their Bains School days back in Chennai…


Joseph Mualchin and Esther Chhangte as usual… I don't think I'm going to introduce them again in this blog post, as they are there in every blog posts I've written about my recent short vacation in Mizoram, lolz. Awesome couple they are.




And finally, the sun was setting, leaving behind a beautiful glitter of lights on the sprawling Aizawl hills…



We took a group photo before leaving. The pic below came out really well, you can click on the pic to enlarge it at a new tab if you want.


Ah…. Starry starry night time in Aizawl… though they were earthly stars...



We left DG Park after that, making our way back to our cozy little home at Chaltlang. It was a great picnic and I thank my family for showing me such a wonderful time.

Do visit the place if you haven't (although I know all my Mizo visitors have been there), and until my next update then, cheers.