Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Chp 714. Milestone: 100 Perfect Games!


Yesss, I've finally reached 100 PERFECT GAMES on Steam. :) Taali bajaaoooo :P

It feels great to have another point to tick off from my bucket list. And yeah, it took me quite a while to achieve this milestone as well.

For those of you who are unaware, a Perfect Game on Steam is when you have unlocked every single achievement of a particular game. I've been recording my list of 100% achievement games for quite some time now, starting from 10 Perfect Games to 30 and so on. Here is a list of my previous Perfect Games blog posts:


Sure feels good to join the exclusive Century Perfect Games Club :)


So on this blog post, I'll quickly take you through some of the games that helped me reach 100 Perfect Games. Most of them are minimalistic puzzle games, and I hope you like them as well.


81. Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)

Total achievements unlocked: 19/19
Total time played: 12 hours
Game link: Never Alone
Cost of game: INR 479

I spent a good 12 hours on this game, and what an experience it gave me. It is a puzzle-platformer adventure game, but more emphasis is given on the story-telling. The story is based on a folk tale of the Iñupiaq people, one of the native tribes of Alaska. "Kisima Ingitchuna" means "I am not alone" and in the game, you control a young native girl called Nuna, who is helped by an arctic fox and various forest spirits etc. I highly recommend this game, you will not regret buying it. This game also won a lot of awards and accolades.



82. Lara Croft GO

Total achievements unlocked: 17/17
Total time played: 11 hours
Game link: Lara Croft GO
Cost of game: INR 369

I have mixed feelings about this game. The game is beautiful and every level is smartly designed, requiring you to think really hard before making the next move. However, it is a direct mobile-port game and the developers didn't even bother to change the control system. Having to swipe with my mouse (like a mobile touch-screen swipe) was utterly ridiculous. If you have this game on mobile, I recommend you do not buy the Steam version. Some of the levels were so challenging that I had to look for the walkthrough guide on YouTube :D so yeah, definitely a 5 star rating from me in terms of level designing. But having to freaking "swipe" with my freaking mouse took away a lot of the fun.



83. Turret Terminator

Total achievements unlocked: 346/346
Total time played: 4 hours
Game link: Turret Terminator
Cost of game: INR 59

A top-down shooter game meant for console but works perfectly well with a keyboard WASD direction control and mouse control for shoot. I love the game because of some of the challenging levels, but what I love the most about this game are the background music, including "Unity" by TheFatRat which brought back a lot of memories.


If you haven't heard of Unity by TheFatRat, here it is. Give it a try.




84. hocus

Total achievements unlocked: 4/4
Total time played: 8 hours
Game link: hocus
Cost of game: INR 58

Another mobile port game, this game actually gave me a good 8+ hours of intense mind-racking sessions, and it costs less than a dollar. Now that is what you call a good VFM. The levels are beautifully designed and can make you go crazy sometimes when you end up moving in the same loop over and over again, lolz. One of the best optical illusion puzzle games out there, I would rank this second after "Monument Valley". Definitely get it, either on Steam or your mobile (free on Google Play, $0.99 on App Store).



85. Cubic

Total achievements unlocked: 22/22
Total time played: 1 hour
Game link: Cubic
Cost of game: INR 42

A 3D tile puzzle game, I have played many similar games like this before and I still fall for it because I am a sucker for this type of puzzle games. It exercises the brains and relaxes me during a tough brainstorming session at work, reenergizing me and making me more productive.



86. Isotiles

Total achievements unlocked: 10/10
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: Isotiles
Cost of game: INR 119

Another tiles and path puzzle game. The execution is a bit childish but the concept is good. Some of the levels were quite challenging. Get it if you have nothing else to do :)



87. LineWay

Total achievements unlocked: 1/1
Total time played: 50 mins
Game link: LineWay
Cost of game: INR 42

Ok I think you're starting to see a pattern here. Yes, this is yet another path based puzzle game. Lolz, what can I say, I really love this genre. This particular game has a very minimalistic and peaceful music ambience.



88. Lines by Nestor Yavorskyy

Total achievements unlocked: 590/590
Total time played: 2 hours
Cost of game: INR 42

One more line based puzzle game, but this one stands a bit out because of the relaxing background music and color treatment given to the game. There's also a free version of this game on Steam, get that first before you decide whether to buy this game or not.



89. Unium

Total achievements unlocked: 22/22
Total time played: 9 hours
Game link: Unium
Cost of game: INR 119

Another path based puzzle game, but this one has a different concept. Rather than joining two points or moving from point A to B or covering all tiles, there is a twist in this game guaranteed to make you think hard and deep. I took more than 9 hours to complete this game, and that too after cheating (looking up the solution guide for some of the tougher levels). Do buy this game.



90. Numberline

Total achievements unlocked: 13/13
Total time played: 90 minutes
Game link: Numberline
Cost of game: INR 85

A tile based game where every click counts. You must create an identical pattern, and trust me, it may look easy in the beginning, but you'll sweat through your pants at the harder levels. Good game to have in your collection. My only criticism of this game is that it is too short. Only 60 levels, out of which it started getting challenging only from around level 40 onward.



91. Micron

Total achievements unlocked: 11/11
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: Micron
Cost of game: INR 259

A unique fusion of puzzle and rhythm game, you have to guide a couple of dots to their destination by creating different path deflections. Nice game.



92. Nice Way

Total achievements unlocked: 45/45
Total time played: 70 mins
Game link: Nice Way
Cost of game: INR 42

Another good time-pass puzzle game, though I feel it is more of a touch screen game that had been ported to PC. This game has good Physics built in it, so it gives a good gaming experience even if it is minimalistic in design.



93. SINKR

Total achievements unlocked: 10/10
Total time played: 80 mins
Game link: SINKR
Cost of game: INR 42

Another mobile port game I really didn't mind buying on Steam. Good level design, except it is too short. With the number of varieties possible, I'm sure the developers/designers could have given us more levels, but I think they got lazy along the way, lolz. Funny thing about this game - on Google Play it costs  ₹ 65 while on Steam it is just  ₹ 42. Most games are usually more expensive on Steam, while they are cheaper or even free on Google Play. Strange.



94. Diamo XL

Total achievements unlocked: 14/14
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: Diamo XL
Cost of game: INR 58

I was a bit skeptical at first about 100-percenting this quick-reaction game when I bought it because it is developed by Nickervision Studios and I could never get 100% achievement on any of their games as it gets too difficult after some time. But somehow, I played this game over and over again, and I guess I got lucky too, and finally got all the achievements! According to this game's Global Achievements Stats, only 4% of people playing this game have attained 100% achievement so far. Yayyyy :)



95. qop 2

Total achievements unlocked: 411/411
Total time played: 90 minutes
Game link: qop 2
Cost of game: INR 42

Similar to qop 1 which I covered earlier, I guess the only new element in this second installment is a new lock and key feature. Other than that, it is exactly similar to their first game. Buy this game only for the achievements.



96. Oik Memory

Total achievements unlocked: 500/500
Total time played: 30 minutes
Game link: Oik Memory
Cost of game: INR 42

A simple memory based pattern game. Mediocre at best. Buy this game only if you get it at a bundle.



97. Oik 3

Total achievements unlocked: 604/604
Total time played: 80 mins
Game link: Oik 3
Cost of game: INR 58

Casual time-pass physics based minimalistic game. Not very different from Oik 1 and 2. Get it for the achievements.



98. Zup! 7

Total achievements unlocked: 2880/2880
Total time played: 2 hours
Game link: Zup! 7
Cost of game: INR 42

Nothing very different from their earlier installments. Get it for the achievements.



99. Zup! 8

Total achievements unlocked: 2220/2220
Total time played: 3 hours
Game link: Zup! 8
Cost of game: INR 42

They have moving platforms now! :)



100. Next

Total achievements unlocked: 100/100
Total time played: 45 minutes
Game link: Next
Cost of game: INR 42

I am ashamed I even bought this game. Easy to 100% but utterly ridiculous game. Concept is common, but the execution is horrible, with a lot of bugs and glitches. Do not buy this game if you have any self-esteem!



And so with that, I crossed 100 Perfect Games on Steam. I can now rest in peace.

I'll cover more of food and TV shows and party scenes from my next posts onward, so cheers people, see you until my next blog update. Skrt skrt.


No comments: