Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Chp 766. Steam Summer Sale 2019


Steam Summer Sale 2019 just got over.

I tried so hard not to buy any more games this time, nah ah, not even one single game. I have already bought 1000+ games on Steam, and being a single bachelor, also known as tlangval senior in our Mizo community, I kept telling myself -

"Kima, Kima, no, no more new games, you already have more than enough, you need to go out there like normal people and see other normal people, you need to stop playing games at your bachelor pad all day long, you need to find a girlfriend, a wife, your biological clock is ticking!"

And the moment I heard that phrase, "your biological clock is ticking", I suddenly realized, "Holy Shit, the Steam Summer Sale clock is ticking!" And so last night, at the very wee end of the Sale period with just 2 hours to the deadline, I ended up purchasing these games!


83 new games + DLCs. Aaaaarghhh.

Well, at least the comforting feeling is that I spent ₹ 6000 bucks on what was actually costing around  ₹ 18,000 in total, so there's that.

And of course because of my purchases, I am now a proud Level 100 rank on Steam! :D


So yeah, my collection grew again. I'm not sure when I'll have the time to play all these new games, especially since there are still so many unplayed games in my library. But for now, my profile does look pretty impressive, don't you think?


I'm not going to go into the details of all the new games I purchased, but here are a few handpicked ones I am really looking forward to sink a couple of good relaxing hours in during this coming weekend. Most of them have an "Overwhelmingly Positive" review on Steam. Oh yummmm.








Apart from the above big games, I also bought a couple of small minimalistic puzzle games like SINKR2, Paint It Back, Hexslide, Sudoku Jigsaw, TOK Hardcore, Sidewords etc., as I love this genre too, especially when I want to relax my brains after a hard brain-storming session at work.

And yes I bought the Borderlands Handsome Bundle Pack (₹ 3999) for just ₹ 295, and that consisted of Borderlands 2: The Prequel, Borderlands 2, and all DLCs. An awesome deal, but I don't think I'll be every playing this game lolz, its one of those must have games in your library.

I also bought two mobile ports – Kingdom Rush Origins and Iron Marines by Ironhide Game Studio. I have them on mobile but since I already have all the other Kingdom Rush series in my Steam library, I just bought them as well to complete the collection.

Overcooked is another game I bought which I won't be playing any time soon because it is a Co-Op cooking game. You need to play with your friends or significant other on the same screen chopping vegetables and preparing dishes in time. An extremely fun game, only if it is played with others. No point playing alone. Until I find the future Mrs. Kima, I will let this game rot in my steam library. So, if you wanna play Overcooked with me and have the time of your life, do send me a marriage proposal. :)

Until my next post, everyone, cheers!



No comments: