Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chp 442. A Valentine’s Day Post: Love Birds



A friend of mine asked me yesterday, “So are you going to write about Valentine’s Day tomorrow on your blog again?”

The mockery was obvious.

Ever since I started blogging, I’ve been in four relationships. It may sound like a big deal to some, but remember I’ve been blogging since 2004 :P That’s like 2.6 years per relationship on an average, which I’m sure is much longer than the relationships many of you judgmental friends out there ever had :) Not to forget I was extremely irresponsible and reckless back then too…

Three of my relationships ended and one has just started (of course it would be awkward and completely douchebaggery of me if more than one relationships are currently active, duh :P ).

But the point he was trying to make was clear. He, being a single for as long as I can remember, I guess he was amused at how I can say the L word again to somebody new.

Well that is love.

You meet somebody you totally fall heads over heels in love with, and you say “I love you” to that person, and later when that doesn’t work out for various reasons, you grow apart, the distance becomes less fonder and the relationship ends, then you meet somebody else you fall more in love with than the former. That is love.

It’s a part of our natural cycle. In fact the only person I know who is now married (and with two kids) to the same girl he was going around with when we were just mere teenagers, is my good friend Sanga. They’ve been together since their early teens I think. That’s like a Fairy Tale come true for many of you.

Unfortunately, that’s not how it is for most of us. We move on, from one relationship to the other, until we find that perfect someone. And everything is perfect when we’re in that particular relationship, until they become imperfect.

I’m not trying to dampen your Valentine mood. I’m just saying… love, as much superficial as it may be sometimes, is something we go running to at the end of the day. Because that is what we all need, somebody to love, and be loved. A mutual feeling. (As somebody just updated her Facebook status today, “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time”. Beautiful.)

Today being Valentine’s Day, I was awakened by the two pigeons who’d fly into my bathroom everyday for the past 4 days, making love on top of my geyser.


They’d fly in through a gap on my bathroom window…


One would wait for the other dutifully…


Until the other partner too flies in…


And I try my best not to disturb them, except when I’m running late for work, or when our cat Gaddaffi gets extra curious…


Today, watching the two love birds, pun intended, cuddle together and get all lovey dovey, I suddenly missed my girl more.

But as you may have read in my previous post, I have quit my job at WebChutney and started a new mobile gaming company with my friends. The name of our company is called FITH Media Pvt Ltd and we have just launched our first game called Nikal Padi.

Starting a new company is by no means a bed of roses. The amount of stress and pressure we go through every day is tremendous, but just one short whatsapp message from her really calms me down. She’s been my rock, and on this day I just want to say again how much I appreciate her for being there for me all this time.

I don’t wanna sound any more pretentious by saying things here that we say to each other every day anyway, and I don’t want to plaster private photos of us together all over my blog. She doesn’t want me to do that either. But there is one photo that means a lot to me, to us, and that has to be up here on this Valentine’s Day.

So here it is…


Yes, one of the earliest photographs taken in Mizoram, entitled “The first Men (fathers) of Mission Veng (locality name), 1964”. Did my grandfather and her great-grandfather ever think one day that we’d be a couple, deeply in love with each other, when the two of them were sitting right next to each other while posing for this valuable photograph? :)

Maybe. That’s probably why they look so confident and contented together :)

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, and cheers.

*commenting disabled, sorry trolls and haters* :) :P