Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Chp 112. Proof of Malaria

“It is an honor to die for our Country while defending the Constitution, hence we are ready to face any bullets from the Naxals; but to be sent home (Mizoram) in body bags because of a mosquito bite is extremely disgraceful”.
- Mizo IR Battalion soldier posted at Chhatisgarh.

(No Mizos have died in the hands of the Naxals so far, but already 3 have succumbed to Malaria, with more than 50 Mizos in the infirmary going through various stages of Malarial PF infection)

I was down with a 104° plus temperature for the past 10 days, hence no update on my blog (or
misual.com). It was definitely not an NBC sitcom moment

When I was at the height of my sickness, attacked by severe paroxysms of chillness rendering me (almost) breathless, my folks rushed me to the hospital. I was already heavily medicated so I don’t remember much, except waiting for 30 minutes which seemed like 31 minutes, for my blood test result to come out… finally, the nervous anticipation and trepidation was over: the doctor confirmed that it was not Malaria. Phew!

Comically enough, I recovered pretty quickly once I realized I was not carrying the dreaded sporozoan parasite transmitted by the jobless infected female Anopheles mosquito. Ah Malaria, Shoooo shoooo!

Before the blood test, everybody feared it might be Malaria. I tried convincing myself it was not Malaria, but there could be no real conviction without an actual test. But at the same time, I was just too scared to get a blood test done. Hence, a part of me gave up hope trying to fight the fever, because I still could not completely believe if it was a case of Malaria or not.

And that is how most of us are: We need proof inorder to believe in something, an evidence that we can see with our own eyes, or touch with our own hands…

When our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ rose from the dead and appeared infront of the disciples, Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve disciples, was not present.

[John 20]

25So the other disciples told Thomas, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

27Then Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Amen.

While I was sweating profusely from the after effects of paracetamol, larkin and antibiotics, I just couldn’t convince myself that it was not Malaria. It was only after the Laboratory doctor confirmed that it was not Malaria, that my body started fighting back.

However, apart from the senses of touch and sight, there was something else amiss. I couldn’t feel if it was Malaria or not. But in the case of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, many of us may not see or touch Him physically, but we definitely feel Him in our lives. And yet, we still falter from our beliefs inspite of such an experience… Must we all be like Thomas, asking the good Lord for proof first before believing?

The lonely road of sickness

Any of you who had been through such a similar experience will know what I am talking about: we always miss the one we love the most when we are down with a high fever.

I happened to dig out one of my earliest posts, dated December 22nd 2004! (The day I started the visit counter on my blog)
FEVER It's about the time I felt really sick in IIMB and missed all my love and dear ones…

As I always used to be away from Home, whenever I felt sick, I always miss my parents. Now that I was at home with soaring temperature, I didn’t miss my folks at all, but I really miss my friends, sisters and my sweet girlfriend. We always miss the ones who are not currently with us. That’s the paradigm of sickness.

The one big difference between my earlier sickness and the latest one was, I always wanted to turn more towards God or be reformed once I recover. Just like how we miss the people who are not with us, we also miss God, promising to be a better Christian once we recover. But now, I do not miss God at all. For how can I miss someone who is always with me by my side?

Lying in bed the whole day with uncontrollable shivers, missing all my material friends, I realized one very important revelation: I was alone, but I was not lonely. Jesus Christ was there with me all along the road of wheeze and sneeze. He gave me companionship spiritually. It was a great journey indeed. Although I was extremely delirious from all the medications, I felt complete.

Thank you once again, sweet Jesus, for delivering me from the clutches of Viral fever and making me fit again so that I can continue serving You.

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you--
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all harm--
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your sickness but glad that you have recovered, touched with His healing hands. Be well. Nice read.

mnowluck said...

Damn... dat malaria..!!! I'm waiting for ur updates... wow!!nice to have u back..... I'm kinda busy right now..don't have the time to go through all of it.. but i'll make sure.. i will read em 2morow when m fresh and up from bed.. :))..

Mizohican said...

dfjkghsdkgdflgjdf

test test... stupid aizawl conexion...

Mizohican said...

Hey Rema, thanx. Yup, His Hands touch all.

@ mnowluck: hehe I know. Well, worry no longer, lots of updates coming up as promised. Updated all the latest blogposts at misual.com too.

Anonymous said...

Hey ILL
Good to see you back and thanks for the parabolic twists on your bout of illness. Its also good to note that the bout hasnt dented your fluid creativity...rather seems to have tweaked it!! You mentioned in a response about a Routmawii incident...Ive read of her music but what else? Could you give me some leads coz Im really far from all of this-literally...and spatially too. Thanks.

Mizohican said...

Hi Kima,

Go to misual.com and you can read loads all about her :-) I mentioned about her incident earlier to put across a point that, all humans are fallible, and that if we put too much faith in a person of God, there is a possibility that we might lose our faith in the Bigger picture if that person of God (that we consider infallible) falters. To err is human, and what I tried to point out was, as long as we are humans, even the truest man of God can sometimes give into temptation and sin... we must deem this as something natural, instead of saying something stupid like "even a person like him (or her) sinned, hence there is no hope for us mere mortals".

Hmai said...

hey hey hey.... finally the updated blog :P .....i'm glad u r okay now.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey Kim...i lo dam lo reng ani mawww..lo hre lo reng reng a.

Ngatine,i ''nu pengyou''U Lal-hma i teh kawr(hehe) pawh hian min lo hrilh loh awww..hria ila chuan kan lo tawngtaipui hluam hluam tur che nia aw..hehe..

tak takin,i tha chhunzawm zel ang chu.

I thil min rawn thawn pawh ka la dawng lo deuh,Jenis i a buai deuhva min la rawn thawn hman lo.ka enchak tawh ras mai.Xie xie nin!=Thank u so much!

But now, I do not miss God at all. For how can I miss someone who is always with me by my side? Amen,amen...dik chiah.

Hmai said...

@sekibuhchhuak...nge min lo zui zel a,ker kawr mai....ka thuanawp mai tur che sin

Anonymous said...

Hey bro, good to have you back. Glad to hear that you're doing better now.

Take care. More than your post, the following cracked me up!
illusionaire said...

dfjkghsdkgdflgjdf

test test... stupid aizawl conexion...
:))

Take care. BTW, I don't blog at blogger these days, mahni site ka neih ve tawh kha.. :D
lawrkhawm.com, lawrkhawm.com lawrkhawm.com, tih kha! :D

Anonymous said...

oh, another thing bro, could you have my blog removed from misual? :)

Thanks bro, have fun!

Mizohican said...

yup, Jimmy I'll try deleting your blog from the list if I can get thru...

Thanx Seki, good to have you here. hehe... fighting with "myself" as usual :-) Tell Jenis that I changed my phone number, so ask her to stop smsing my dad, for he is now using my old number and there is no way of letting her know my number's changed!

Anonymous said...

Kim,jenis chu ka lo hrilh ang..

''myself'' hi maw...a naupan lai chuan maw,in sual a hrat reuh a nia awww..a kawlh reuh bawk siii..a tah belh pir per bawk siii....

@myself: ka zui bawk lo ceee..in ''pa'' rawn miah loh hian,ka phekphe len mai ang che aauh...

i inti zaithiam mai anih chuhhh...

Puia said...

A tha thak thak thin e kima nge nge..may God Bless you out there.

Almostunreal said...

glad to hear that you have now recovered. Stay healthy, lol

laljimmy poh lo in advertise nasa hle mai maww, a lawrkhawm.com chu

Mizohican said...

hehe lolzzzz seki. A ngei leh ngawt ang che... ti khan ti ti suh, phone ah a rawn tre ring thei si :-) A tuar tu tur chu keimah vek a nia ooooo

@ zorun: Thankyou thankyou. Ka lawm e :-)

@ Almost: ni e, Jimmy a nge nge.. a poilo, rawn in advertise zel rawh se... kei ve thung chuan a website hi ka hawng thei lo, he aizawl conexion muang lutuk hmang chuan... broadband ah ka in sawn trep tawh...

Anonymous said...

Hey there, glad you're feeling better and blogging again. Just wanted to share something about the comforting presence of Jesus and the power of prayer. Some years ago my doctor told me I may have cancer (I had a growth and the blood test showed a cancer count more than 300 times of normal) and scheduled me for an operation the very next day. I was stunned at first then scared and weepy but when I got home, the first thing I did was to pray. Immediately, a sense of calm came over me and I knew I would be ok. Then I called all my family to tell them the news, went back to work, left instructions on all my files and checked myself into hospital. That night, everyone in my family was around me and panicking but I, the patient, was peaceful and I slept the deep, uninterrupted sleep of the innocent. After the op, as I was transferred back to my bed, I threw up due to the painkiller so the doctor immediately took me off the drip because he was concerned my stitches might burst. But you know what? My Lord had taken such good care of me that I never felt any pain at all. My belly had been cut open (the scar is 5 inches long), my insides jiggled about and a large part of me removed but I had no pain. How wonderful is that? (They later told me that I had lost a lot of blood during the op and that they were also concerned about certain complications but I was oblivious to all this and healed very quickly). A few days later when my doctor came to tell me that the biopsy showed no cancer, of course I already knew that.

Keep believing and keep blogging! God bless, Phebes

Hmai said...

@sekibuhchhuak :sala sala,lal john ka puan ang che,ka insual hrat hi mi zawng2 hriat vek kher a ngai lo......ka kuttum hi i chalah khan ka threh sawk mai ang....


@illusionaire: ka vin phal lo che, eng tiklaiin nge ka vin che....i mumangah ani lo maw??? :O