Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Chp 734. SCOOP lunch


After SCOOP Launch, there was SCOOP Lunch! :D

So SCOOP has recently started a "North East Cuisine lunch" at Ales, Brews & Cider. This was the first time it was held in Pune, and I made sure I did not miss it.


The North East lunch event costs ₹ 600 per head, and this consists of an unlimited offer - Rice bowl, Pork Ribs BBQ, Mizo Bai, Pork, Chicken and Buff with Bamboo Shoots and Mustard leaves, Axone, Scoop Buff fry, Eromba, Sinju, and lots of boiled greens.

Along with that, there was the special 2 PM - 5 PM offer from Ales, Brews & Cider on drinks – Unlimited drinks on House Craft beers (Belgian Wheat, German Wheat, IPA and Apple Cider) for ₹ 600.


I sneaked into the kitchen to catch a glimpse of the busy chefs in action.



Everybody was shouting out instructions here and there - put more onions in there, need more chopped tomatoes over here, reduce the flame on that dish, pass the oil to this counter, where can I get a happy ending massage in KP, etc. Yeah, everybody was busy…




By the way, the chefs for this event were not just the regular chefs at Ales but also different Northeastern volunteers from the Seven Sisters.



It was a good thing we were participants of the first SCOOP lunch event because we realized it was quite hot in the day time. All of us sat in the shade.


Just chilling as we all wait for our food.




Alok, owner of Ales. Amazing dude.


Northeastern families too turned up from near and far…



I look so happy :P


Finally, the food started rolling out…





Yummy indeed. Here are a few more pics of the event, provided by the talented "Aman Photography".






We also ordered extra Pork Ribs and Buff Fry, which were so amazing!






A great time indeed! Kudos to the Chefs and all those who helped.


I'll be updating more on the delivery services SCOOP had started, including "Yellow Box" homemade food and an upcoming NE Food Thali. So stay tuned, Pune. You'll love it! :)

Cheers!


No comments: