Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chp 511. A World Cup introspection


Stepping out of one’s comfort zone is never an easy task. But blogging for three consecutive World Cups have made me realize I have done it, and hope I can inspire those finding it difficult to do the same...



Reading through some of my old blog posts about the World Cup brings back a lot of memories. And this is one of the main reasons why I dedicatedly try to update my blog on a regular basis - not just to express my opinion or whimsical thoughts, but because many years down the line, I know that what I’m writing today will trigger old emotions as I walk down memory lane reading this post.

My 2006 World Cup blog post updates reminded me about the time I had just dropped out from IIM-Bangalore and was clueless about what I was going to do for the rest of my life. Staying with my sister in Mumbai, it was a bit difficult trying to enjoy the World Cup matches because the thought of having a doomed and uncertain future troubled me. 

My 2010 World Cup blog post updates reminded me of the times I struggled as a copywriter at an Ad agency where I was the only person cheering for Netherlands. Everybody in office back then asked me why I was supporting for an unpopular team as they all cheered for the clichéd Brazil, Argentina or Spain team on the large office TV, while working on deadlines at the same time.

This 2014 World Cup, I am blogging as a Co-Founder of my own mobile game dev company, where so much has changed in my life in the past few years. Priorities tend to get reshuffled along with responsibilities. In fact, I have watched only 4 World Cup matches so far because work always came in the way. Being the first to reach office and the last to leave is crucial for any start-up company founder.

From unemployed to employee to employer: Three World Cup blog updates - so many differences! 

If I’m still alive and blogging in 2018, I wonder what my World Cup blog post updates would be like? Where would I be then? Will I look back at this post and laugh at it because I would have achieved so much more, or will I cry at it for having fallen from grace because where I am right now is the pinnacle of my achievement? Only time and more hard work will tell.

What is most important here is to never be afraid of stepping out from one’s comfort zone, especially when push comes to shove. Rest assured, it will be hard trying to adapt to the new environment initially, but you will eventually draw new boundaries that will keep you safe and secure if you give it your all. 

Sometimes the World Cup can be such an unexpected source of introspection :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspirational, as always

linda said...

Love reading ur post,as always😊