Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Monday, July 01, 2019

Chp 765. Dinner by Mary


Hello, fellow food lovers! Here is my next blog update of my "Dinner by..." series. I've also clubbed all such posts together at the end of each post, so that you can easily navigate to the next post you want to know the recipe of.

In today's chapter, I'm covering my dear friends here in KP - Mary, Rosy and Rini whom I have known for a very long time.


They invited me over to their place for dinner last month, which is like around 5 minutes walking distance from my apartment, and we had a great time chatting while they cooked. Well, Mary did most of the cooking, but Rosy and Rini also helped in preparing the dinner like washing the veggies, chopping them etc.



Rini is the most talented chilli stalk remover I have ever seen, while Rosy is probably the world's top expert in vegetable washing. :D

Mary brought out some fermented fish Ngari to complete the dinner she was preparing. Yusss.


And so here are the ingredients and recipes of that dinner. Do have a look.


Chicken Alu Fry.

Take the raw Chicken meat (that had been chopped to medium pieces) and wash them.

Add salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder to the meat and marinate it for some time.

Fry oil in a pan and once hot, drop the Chicken pieces in it.

Keep stirring it occasionally and once they are quite deep fried, add chopped potatoes and fry for some more time.

Chicken Alu dish is ready :)



Mizo Zikhlum Bai.

This is a special Mizo bai that consists of four main vegetable ingredients - Zikhlum (Cabbage), Bawkbawn (Brinjal), Berul (Snake gourd) and Hmarchapui (Chilli pepper).

Chop them all into medium pieces (the amount depends on their original sizes).

Boil them in water together.

Once the water starts to boil, add salt, soda and ajinomoto.

After some time, add Ngari (Fermented Fish) directly from the package above. Keep stirring for some time until the dish is ready. Yummm.



Fried Sausages.

This one needs no explanation. Just fry the sausages after defrosting them and thaadaaa, they're ready.



Anthur Rep tlak.

Anthur is a popular Mizo delicacy, and depending on the species, in English the plant is called Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) or Cranberry hibiscus / African rosemallow (Hibiscus acetosella).

Take a packet of sun-dried anthur (brought from Mizoram because you will not get it elsewhere) and boil it.

Add salt and ajinomoto to the pan, along with crushed garlic.

Add nghapih (fermented shrimp paste) to enhance the taste.

Done. As for the ground chillies below, just grind them and add salt, simple :)


Soon the dinner was ready and it was time to lay out the food.


Yumm yummm!


My plate :)


And so that was the lovely dinner Mary, Rosy and Rini cooked for me. When I called her up last night to ask for the recipes of the dishes she made, she was like, "Are you putting those up on your blog? Noooo! If I knew you were going to blog about it, I could have made better dishes!"

And a few minutes later, she sent me the video below, showcasing what she had just cooked, telling me that the next time she invites me, it will be something grand since its gonna go on my blog.



So yeah, people, do learn from Mary's mistake. Next time you invite me for dinner, please make sure you cook the best dishes possible since I'm going to blog about it :D :D :D *what an idea, sirji*

Until my next food blog update, see you all peeps. Cheers.






In case you have missed out on my recent dinner blog series, here are the links to all the other posts with the recipes of the dishes.

Chp 764. Dinner by Teresa
   (Pork with Bamboo shoot & Alu, Methi Bai, Alu fry)
Chp 763. Dinner by Marka
   (Boiled Pork with Pok Choi, Methi Bai)
Chp 762. Dinner by Christina
   (Chicken Biryani)
Chp 761. Dinner by Zodini
   (Chicken fry, Beef & Alu fry, Methi Bai, Iromba)

No comments: