Photobucket had recently changed their policy and now all the images from my 650+ blog posts are disabled. I am slowly editing them by moving my images to my own server at AWS, but it will take time. In case there is a particular old post you want to see the images of, kindly drop me a mail at mizohican@gmail.com and I'll keep that at a high priority. Thank you.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Chp 479. Boomarang at Hard Rock Café


Way back in 2009, I blogged about “Stellar”, an awesome song by a Mizo band Boomarang, promoting the song on my blog for my readers in India and overseas. People who came across that song for the first time, absolutely loved it.

However I was disappointed that such an awesome song never made much headlines in the Indian music industry …

But justice was finally served. VH1 recently aired “Stellar” and just last week, this song was in the Top 10 of VH1 Countdown!

This also means that it is currently the only song by an Indian band to be in that prestigious list!

November VH1 Top 10  Countdown list:

1. Lorde – Royals
2. Eminem – Berzerk
3. Drake feat. Majid Jordan – Hold on we’re going home
4. Avicii – You make me
5. Kate Perry – Roar
6. Britney Spears – Work bitch
7. John Newman – Cheating
8. Lana Del Rey – Summertime sadness
9. Capital Cities – Safe and sound
10. Boomarang – Stellar

So yeah, I was definitely not going to miss their show at Hard Rock Café, Worli.

Many of my friends were already there when I reached the venue last night. Boomarang performed awesome as always, rocking the entire crowd. Some of their own numbers were really good too. They even launched their new album, entitled “Home”, which is an amazing song as well.

We really had an awesome time.


After their gig, I was one of the few privileged people to be invited up to the VIP stand where we had a one-on-one session with the band members. They were so uber cool and amazing, we ended up taking a lot of photos as well :D





The “board” that you can see in many of the photos above, is actual a giant replica of the album cover of their new album “Home”. After a few group pics, we were just hanging out with them, talking about music, common friends, upcoming gigs etc. Since it was the VIP area, I think alcohol was free, but since I don’t drink, I’m not very sure about that… :)

More pics we took… :)






Maruata was equally impressed with a display of pants that Elvis once wore, and insisted on taking a pic with it :)


For me, I had a great time not just because I got to meet the band, I also came across many friends I haven’t seen in quite a long time. I also completely forgot my dear friend Lucy works at Hard Rock Café, and she was everywhere last night, making sure all the VIP guests and VIP wannabes like us had a great time.  Here she is, sweet and charming as ever.


What a night it had been. Went home around 3 in the morning. Boomarang will be coming back to perform in Mumbai on 11th December, this time at Hard Rock Café, Andheri. I plan on attending that as well.

Here’s cheers to an awesome band, wishing them luck in all their future endeavors!


And do listen to Stellar if you haven’t yet.

Rock on \m/ (^_^) \m/


4 comments:

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Apart from Stellar, I am not understand other their songs.

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Apart from Stellar, I am not understand other their songs.

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Apart from Stellar, I am not understand other their songs.

benjamin rualthanzauva said...

Apart from Stellar, I am not understand other their songs.